Friday, May 20, 2005

Unity among the races!

My good friend left her headlights on during the whole duration of class. So guess what! YES on her way to go back home...her car wouldnt start. Now what was the possibility of someone bringing around a jump plug for her! Sadly I couldnt say I was of much help. Anyway they discovered another way to jump start her car....we had to push it then start the engine & by then it would go. So here I was imagining in my mind...2 girls ...one in heels which is me...pushing her 'old junk' as she calls it in Lim Kok Wing's car park. Now I understand Lim Kok Wing students and trust me I know when I say that no one will help us out at all. They will stare. They will laugh. But helping out...hmmmm...that is another story.

So, we decided to ask the cab drivers if they had a jump cable...cuz I thought that it was most likely what cab drivers had (?????). So anyway, they straight away jump up looking all over for a jump cable and having not find one went to help her push the car. The scene got more hilarious when my beloved friend did not know when and how to start a moving (being pushed??) car so they got her to surrender her car to them and they started it for her. YEAH it was working again. So there she went 'putt putt'-ing off in her car...with me all afraid that it would break down again. Thank God it did not. But one comment which she said really put a thought in me...she said that because she is Indian thus they helped but if she was Chinese it was a different story. We were quite afraid that the cab drivers would converse with her in Tamil as she is as one would say...NOT TOO FLUENT in that language. I wonder if he would have refused to help her if he knew so? Now, from that, I really admire the unity of the Indian race. One wont see that much in a Chinese race.....hahahah...that is my opinion anyway!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home