Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A glimpse of Heaven!!!

Well you can all say that I am really soft in the sense that most people can use guilt to push their way through hahahahha. Pereira so lovingly brought me out on Monday for lunch. Man…I adore this girl….a heart of gold! Anyway, we went to Gengki Sushi to eat yet despite the fact that she did not like a single thing there she endured it because of Josh(her best buddy) and truthfully I love Japanese food so there was no problem for me to NOT enjoy the outing.

Then, she decided to bring me all the way from Sunway drive up to Ikano to have wine. Now, this is really one person who enjoys her dining…ok ok…not really…she hates Jap food but that can’t be help as so she says…I quote “ I’m Indian!”…noticing the relevance?? maybe the lack of spiciness?? The flavour?? The prospect of raw food?? Anyway, she got out a bottle of Late Harvest wine which I was shocked at the price of it….RM 100 +++++ my jaws were practically dropping off its hinges. Then the waiter poured me half a glass and asked me to taste. Ok…I was lost here! There I was sitting looking blankly at their expectant faces. How does this go? Ohhhhh….apparently we shake/stir/move in circles the glass…whatever you want to call it…then smell it then take a few sips.

Wow…I was transported to a day in Heaven…its was excellent wine especially coming from one who only drinks RM10 wine a few times from my mom’s hamper gift purchase. But then I smartly dulled my senses with Blueberry cheesecake with chocolate sauce. I noticed the taste difference…amazingly but then I did not want to mention anything knowing I was uneducated in this department. Apparently…Pereira stated the same thing. Boy…was I so proud of myself! I drank 2 cups which the last half was drank bottoms up…due to Pereira’s persuasion. Did I not mention I have a real soft spot for her? First time…drink an alcoholic drink bottoms up…is wine an alcoholic drink??should be la kan!! Anyway you should have seen my face….red like a lobster and I was walking round Ikea shopping…truthfully we were a little…and I stress LITTLE…tipsy so we were one group of giggly people in Ikea but it was all fun altogether.

What I did not expect was…the drowsy effect it gave me. Gosh I actually fell asleep on the couch of Starbucks in The Curve when Josh was having his coffee. They had to send me back home after that…hahaha…like a pampered little kitty!!! So anyway smartly when I arrived back…I consumed yoghurt which upset my stomach and I had diarrhea the whole night and also the next day…damn…and I had a real important journalism presentation that next day. Thank God I survived and did ok. Hope I did well!!

Talking bout Starbucks…. I remembered once I went on a so called date with a friend….and he was so weird…getting me to pay for stuff…which was I think ok la…but the worst part was after I got out of the car he honked at me to walk back towards him and give him cash for the petrol. Hello?? What was that?? His reason….so he can have more Starbucks. Now, my ex-housemate used to say I date real weird people & I used to deny it but by now I totally agree with her. Is it cause I’m weird that is why I attract people like that? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home