Monday, April 25, 2005

DAMN internet connection

I can't believe this...I have urgent matters to attend to but the wi fi here in my uni sucks like crazy especially today. Had lunch with Fiona but guess what...it was only me eating! Kind of nerve wrecking if u asked me. You all know how girls are...getting fat and all.

She was telling me of her experience where being online and people looking at her pic always thinks she is Malay mix Chinese. That reminded me of an incident in Low Yat that day with Aree. She and I were looking at this wonderful bead necklaces when the salesgirl came up to us and started speaking in Mandarin. I was about to answer her when I looked up and realised that she was talking to Aree and not me! Come on...how could she have made that mistake. It was so obvious the Chinese gal was which one. Apparently not...as she then turned to me and spoke to me in Malay. Since I moved to study in KL, everyone has been saying how Malay I look. I am deeply contemplating the thought of converting...but then again maybe not. I remembered this one time where I was in KJ and we were waiting for the LRT to arrive. So this old very Chinese po po approached me and asked me in BM " LRT in pergi KLCC kan?" so I decided to humour her and answered her in Malay too. She then turned to walk away but paused for several seconds...turned to face me and asked me in Cantonese, " Girl, you Chinese ah?" . I noded politely. She smiled and snickered quietly saying " You look so Malay I would have never known". I am so curious to know why is that possible... I always thought I looked too Chinese that there is no need to ask what race I was....guess we just never know bout this world right?

Now I am busy with assignments and trying my best to organize a world-class fundraising event that would rock LUCT. I hope that I can come out with the best ideas and execute it the most wonderful way possible. I am open to ideas and please tell me of charity home and organization in real need of money as the funds would go to them. Thank you very much!

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Blogger byRAN said...

EH! Bird! Tan here! From Singapore! Very ignore my comment on your previous post, tak reply reply. How's life now?

Tan
salmonfire.blogspot.com

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Orion said...

hey so sorry...been real busy to look through everything in the blog to look for comments...sorry!!! Will take more note of it soon...life is fine..as I said bz...like u!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home