Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Innocence is NOT a virtual!

Guilt overwhelms the person and clouds their vision. I think that is what has been happening to me causing me to be so distracted at times. Forgive me my dear friends if I have been in a daze these past few days. Well, there are two incidents in my mind that is so out of this world. Sometimes, when things like this happen we wonder what is happening to the world now.

I was at McDonald yesterday with a friend munching happily on our fries and chomping down on our cheeseburgers. Suddenly this innocent looking high school girl comes up to me begging me for a few dollars so that she can take the bus back home to her mom. Sadly, I had just spent my last ringgit on the burger and had indulged myself earlier into the book sale a few hours before. I bought Donald Trump’s latest book on how to get rich Gosh I have wanted to get that for so long. Guess I have to starve on bread and butter for the next few days in order to compensate for the high price of the book.

But just the temptation of a 20% rebate for the book caught me into a zombie like trance towards the cashier. I also got this cute book for my mom and this real interesting mystery book for my sis. What can I say…I’m a sucker when it comes to books and sales! Anyway, back to the story, I felt so guilty having to have to tell that poor girl that I’m broke and cant help her out. There was this nagging feeling the whole time I sat there watching her back retreat away from me. Luckily this lady gave her a few bucks. I felt less guilty but knowing at the fact of the one ringgit coin in my wallet and not have given it to her made me feel so much worse.

Hours passed and my friend & I decided to adjourn to the smoking area at balcony of McD so that we can observe the people around. A weird hobby but very entertaining and it also helps with getting ideas to write a good book (?????). So, there we were chatting and reading the books we just bought when that same “poor” girl came in asking for money from a table across from us. Now, my mind reels to “WHAT THE HELL?”. And here I was feeling guilty bout not helping her. I’m back in control of my emotional circus knowing she was a con. Kids nowadays….such a depressing community. She was so well dressed and even carrying today’s newspaper and yet she had to succumb to this to gain money. Does not working in McD give more satisfaction of RM 4 an hour rather than wandering around feeding on people’s sympathy?

Another food for thought, is there a rule that one should never date your best friend’s ex boyfriend (A) ?not to mention that (A) so happens to be your ex boyfriend’s best friend? Now, I know it sounds complicated but what would you do in this dilemma? As Murphy Law states anything bad that can happen will happen!

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

knowing tht u already knw wht i wud say to tht i still wanna make it clear to u tht u shud go with the flow and since Murphy's Law is believable...try it out and see...i admit tht even I myself wud be torn in a position like urs... but first u shud tell ur friend who still likes him anyway so tht she wud not feel hurt and accept it in a better way...all the best! love u!

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Orion said...

ok....u read that,girl? (which shall remain anonymous for now!)...now u know what to do rite!! Just follow ur hear ....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home