Thursday, March 10, 2005

Experiencing the NEW things of life...

Yes I decided it's time I stopped putting myself at the back row of everything and just plunge myself into a world of trying something new. So this week was an effective one when it came to this mission.

ON TUESDAY....

I decided to audition for the "M! The Opera" musical, the first pioneering opera that features the modern & the traditional and the Western & the Asia. I was so impressed by the lady who came to audition us....Saiyidah, the co-director of it. Can you imagine that if I did ever got chosen I would have costumes made by Zang Toi. Wouldn't that be so glamourous?? *sigh*

Anyway I arrived there earlier then as appointed at around 9.50 am. I was sitting there waiting and no one was there. Come on la...they tell us to be punctual yet they themselves "the Organisers" are not even there. First there was 2 of us girls wating there and I was thinking " Oh my...good chance for me!" so I wished. The girls started piling up in numbers till about 15 people with many joining us when we did start...eventually. Miss Saiyidah arrive promptly at 10.30 am and realised that we were freezing our asses off in that room. She asked us to strip off our heels and run around the uni's "Hall of Fame" until she says stop. Can you imgaine a bunch of girls in mini skirts and tube tops running around a room? So hilarious and not appropriate. She made us run and run and run then turn directions and run & run again. Suddenly she went stop...and our momentum was still there that we almost banged into each other.

She then got us to stand in a circle and do some games. U know the elephant, pirate, coconut game where when pointed at u and the people beside you have to complete a picture of a elephant, pirate or a coconut tree. Anyway, we had to concentrate on doing it right...IN RHYTHM. Talk about excruciating!!! Then she got us to each sing a jazz tune....dum de dum dum...and there was no chance for you to be shy. She said if you want to be shy then don't even think of joining. This really pushed me to go over the self-hatred barrier and do my best. I got the first 2 few tunes out cool & kinda nice but the last part of ending I went out of pitch she gave me a weird look that I knew I had no more hope here.

Next she got each of us to sing a verse/song ALONE in front of everyone ON THE STAGE...(to my horror)....I sang the "10 things I hate about you" OST and she was smiling so sweetly at me that I had so much hope only to be dissapointed a few minutes later when she read out the finalist names. The needed 2 more altos and 1 more tenor....apparently I was not a choice but I loved the experience of it. Now I know how it feels like to audition for any parts in a play. This is a benchmark for many more........

ON WEDNESDAY....

I went for my first Campus Friends activities....we were doing a "Battle of the Sexes" fear factor style...and man was fear a factor for most of the people there. So they played...

Game 1 : Known or Unknown

U either have to stick your hand into a chosen box and guess what was inside (2 points) or you could choose to stick your hand into a large box of crickets for one minute to remove 5 coins at the bottom (5 points). The guys went first and they were so chicken they went for the "unknown" choosing a box and got it right as it was only a gummy sweet...so lame right. Next, it was the girls turn and they all cheered me on to go up first. So I took the dare and shoved my hand into the bowl of crickets to the dismay of many of the gals & also guys there. What they did not know is my dad goes fishing and I have played with worse things like worms that bite and also crickets too....a common bait for fishing too. I got it and the girls were leading...COOL eh? My good friend Sweets took the challenge too as I assured her it was nothing. And many more girls took the challenge. Was I a good example?? I hope so. There was this guy who chose the "unknown" and got a box with a FROG in it. You could imagine that sissy boy screaming his lungs off. But no matter what the game ended with a tie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Don't those bugs look so yummy!

Game 2 : Answering questions regarding the opposite sex.

Truthfully I sucked bad at this game. The only thing I could answer was the I.R. 2.5 I.E.E.E. 256 ram which was a Dell computer and also the last question which I forgot what it is. But the guys could really answer things regarding girls like which areas that a base coat is required( the nails, for your info if you didn't know) and what is a cross between a tube top and a tank top....a tanktini....and what does the pink rose represent.....admiration.... => this actually shows how much effort men actually put into chasing girls!

DAMN...we tied the score again with them....

Game 3 : Knowing the opposite sex's wants

This part was where we glowed. We had to answer question bout what we want in a men and what gestures we would like to indicate we were interest blah blah blah. We understood the men so well we guessed their answers 8 out of 12. They only for 5 out of 12. And the guys were raving about how men express themselves more to women so that we could understand them better & thus win. I think its because men think women are too complicated that the do not notice that we just enjoy the simplest things in life. For instance, there was this question regarding what kind of things girls would like most to receive....

The MEN put 1) shopping together 2) small gifts 3)hanging out together

We on the other hand put 1) flowers ....which they were so stupid not to know 2 ) long walks on the beach
but they did get no. 3 right....ahhahahah

Whichever way it was.....life is good and exciting then & it proves that....FEAR IS NOT A FACTOR FOR ME!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home