Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day...a big hoo haa???

Usually every Valentine's Day comes out to be a bore especially when I was back in KK. It would usually comprise of a hard day of studying and then dinner with my bro & sis. As usual, being "happily" single and all....you will be seeing me a more desperate mood looking at all the couples walking around holding hands. But then again since I am out with a guy (i.e. my bro) it looks like I am not so single anyway.

Well, I have been single for 20 years. This year no different that is until Valentine's Day arrived hahahahah. I went out with my best friend Fiona Jitab to Mid Valley to have dinner on Valentine's Day Eve...and even then it was annoying enough cuz it was already half filled with people buying last minute gift....knowing men!!! That girl decided to oversleep SO poor little old me had to face the mobster of couples on my own till she arrived. She even had the nerve to ask me to make reservations at the restaurant first....*SIGH*. We had chilis for dinner...yum yum!!! No one ever told me that the food there was so excellent. I stayed over at her place that night. She was busy with her bf plan and chatting with her many "fans" online. Single lonely me was sitting on the bed sms-ing the guy who stood me up.

When midnight struck & Valentine's Day has arrived (the most dreaded day!), the conversation between us on sms got a little heated. Well, I'm still single but not so totally available anymore. Distance makes it difficult to be together. I wished we had met earlier or just that he suddenly fly over here. Weird as it was...at least I know now that our relationship now will last a little longer than everyone else expected considering the many times he stood me up.

Miss X & I decided to go to Mid Valley again on Vday. She wanted to get something special for her bf so I was dragged along. But it was nice....we watched Constantine amidst the many couples sitting all around. U can see the seat are seperated into pairs...hahahah. Even when we were buying ticket, people surrounding us were giving us weird stares pondering in their minds if we were a "lesbian" couple. I felt like shouting back " NO WE ARE NOT. We just are a pair that has loved ones far away on this momentos day" . What is the big deal bout valentine's day anyway? So, some guy was made to be remembered as an icon of love. Did that give them a right to fill all the shopping malls and restaurants?I think this is the societies publicity stunt for better sales on that day and a very good reason to raise prices all around Malaysia....hahahah. Ok, so we miss our guys a lot when we look at other couples dating. Allow me this sentiment to be a bit harsh!!!! It was raining heavily so I couldnt go take my bus back to Puchong....had to stay the night again at Miss X's place. So sweet of her.

My guy, Hersley (code name) said that he would wait for me to come back to KK then only start a relationship. I doubt his sincerity. Do you think he would? But how can I have so little faith in him. Well, I guess time will tell the truth...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home