Monday, July 14, 2008

Wedding Bells!!


Congratulations to my best friend, Maggie Doh....on her wonderful wedding day. Saddens me to know that I was not there to watch her be perfectly beautiful as all brides am. However, with dengue on her tail and so much to do, she still managed to make me cry even from hearing her bridesmaid tell me how pretty she looks as she puts on her veil.

I can imagine her...all nervous and jittery but so stunningly beautiful. I can almost see her smiling that wide grin, the same one as she kissed him the first night she met him. The same soft tender glow she gets from his attention, as the one where he called to chat with her for the first time...to get to know her.

I am utterly upset to not be there...to watch this love blossom into the next level especially since I was there when they first met, there as she told me she loves him, there as they moved in together. But I guess I will promise to be there in spirit...and the flesh is financially unavailable.

As I soak in visions of her in a beautiful white gown and a wedding beyond imagination, I feel a little jealousy seethe at the borders. Happy yet jealous at the same time that she found her "The One" at such a young age....so fast so quick so easy. That they are both stable in their jobs while me, the same age as her, still struggle through essays and exams. And that they finally are married and have a wedding of their dreams. But the vision of her....smiling excited as I called on her wedding day....shoots the jealousy down the drain. Though she was not able to answer the phone I know deep down inside...she wanted me there. And I truly wanted to be there...and my soul reaches out to be by her side walking down the aisle.

But the world is a cruel place and we do not get what we want. I want to get a proper job...stop school...stop having to serve stupid customers and have my own house. But I can't. So, if my best friend is living the life she wants....omit the dengue....I am overly happy and excited for her. Though she has her challenges, and me mine, but I am sure at this moment of time...she is on Pleasure Island! One day....my day will come.....*smile*

1 Comments:

At 4:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

kilinyaaaaaaaaaaaa...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home