Monday, December 24, 2007

Oh Christmas Eve....Oh Christmas Eve....

9 am. I am awaken by the urgent need to pee. My mind screams curses at my persistent bladder. I want to go back to sleep. I try to mind-control it to stop wanting to pee. My efforts go down the drain as I walk towards the toilet. I sigh in relief when all is done and I can go back to sleep

....*sms tone*...

ARGH what now? I want to just ignore the sms and jump back into bed however my hands are too quick for my brain. The call of the unknown beckons better than the sweet lumber of sleep. It was an sms from my boss....asking me which days I am free to work. Wonderful...more hours of work for me...more money for my car, house and school fees next year. I have so many things planned and I need the grace of God to provide for it.

After the adrenaline rush phone conversation with clinging cash sounds in the background, I decided...what the hell...since I am awake, I might as well just be a good girl and stay awake. So here I am....10 am in the morning and so much has happened....

1. Christmas brekkie before work (just planning)
2. Christmas dinner after work ( just another plan...hahaha)
3. More work for me...Thank God...
4. Declaration of what I missed of last Christmas..(more like whinging to my best friend)

P.S. ~ Whinging = British and Australian Informal. to complain; whine.

Anyway, my revolutionary words today is that Christmas is best accompanied by people you love and care about. That is when Christmas becomes amazing, it becomes more than the presents and the eggnog and the eating. It is when you feel the Christmas cheer right through the heart flowing through the soul and shining through your smile. When we were younger, it was family...the people who fed and clothed and comforted you. As you grow older and the span of distance becomes a challenge, you rely on really close mates to bring about the same cheer...somehow it is more exciting and drunk but it is never the same. Then, you meet the special someone, the witness to your bland boring life, and you feel the same 'perfect-fit' warmth of home and Christmas again. But no matter which, you have to experience them all because they are all part of the wonderful walk of growing up.....

So, if you are with family, enjoy all the weird questions and nagging....
If you are with mates, shag up and drink up and laugh til your bellies burst
...and.. If you are with that someone special, snuggle and declare your appreciation of the love you both have that made everyday so much more amazing.

Merry Christmas people.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home