Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sick...

At this moment of time when my body is heating up, taste buds are blend and my body is too weak to move....there are two places I wish to be. A home where mommy will take care of me...yummy food...maybe omit the nagging. The other one would be to be in his loving arms....placing a bowl of instant noodles when I wake up...knowing I am safe.

But I do not have both. However, I can surely say I am independent. Here I am...alone in my home...walking around drowsy with really yucky soup which I made. But whatever happens I know I will survive.

It is one of those sickness where you just wanna down ten million panadols and sleep all day. But with work and the stupidly hot weather...both doesn't seem appealing; but maybe the panadol would be a good idea.

Talking about getting sick...I remember all those times I got sick and why to this day I never like being alone when I am sick.

8 years old...

My first high fever. I was confined to my room and to test how sick I was my mom would ask me to spell 'butterfly'. Each time I got it wrong...I had to drink a pot of foul tasting Chinese herb thingie. And each time...repeated I would get it wrong. I used to curse (in the most innocent way) how idiotic I was to get the same word wrong so many times. When I finally got it right 6 pots later, my mom said I was doing loads better.

13 years of age...

Chicken pox. I was confined to my parents' room...the only air conditioned room in the whole house. As I was so old when I got my chicken pox, everything was fairly more difficult. The poxes were everywhere and bleeding profusely, I was too sick to move. And all I had to entertain me was the tiny TV and a lonesome book. My lunch and dinner consist of mee sua(soft glass noodles) with vegetables. 2 weeks later, I was sick of the food I was eating and finally I was getting better so my mom added meat in it. And since I was so contagious, my mom was the only one who saw me. Everyone stood at the door once in a while to say hi. It was a horrid moment...especially looking in the mirror at my moon crater face. But at least I got off my KH assignment.........and no school for a month...YEAH!

1 years ago...

I had him. Overtired from exams again. He made sure I slept while he was next to me. The sweetest moment of all was waking up to a bowl of yummy instant noodles he made just for me. It was a warm feeling of content. A experience I know many happy lovers and couples out there have felt....

Now...

My housemates who complain I am never home when they need me is now nowhere to be seen. Me, who always love food, suddenly refuse to eat the bowl of soup made with love by yours truly. I feel it is bland and tasteless. But my comfort is the bible by my bed and the tv near by. However, this time it is a little boring as elections is on.....and politics is not my forte and reading makes my head ache. Mr. Panadol fills the gap of Mr. Right and the fan doesn't seem cool enuough. Because all those years I have been pampered by having someone around when I was sick to care and love me, today I feel the loss of them. I miss mommy and I miss having someone. But whichever way, I am growing up, and its time for me to not depend so much on them....

Time to grow up....akakakkaka.....God help me and guide me pls!

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Blogger ViNi said...

Aaaaah, the joys of living overseas sans parents and bfs and bffs.
Drink loads of water ok. I think you fell sick because you know I'm going away hahaha.

Sorry for not being able to bring you to Ciao Italia. We will one day, for sure :)

 
At 9:44 PM , Blogger Orion said...

Tular...who ask u to leave me...muahahah. Nolar, sick before that oledi...stress from exams and working too much.

It's all right bout Ciao Italia! Now is salad diet man...2 more months to home....

Have fun in US and KL k....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home