Monday, June 13, 2005

Sunday outing!!

I decided it was high time I went to look up on my elder step bro...Bryan...who so happens to be working for church and I think is not taking good care of himself despite everything. He looks like an old man and he is only 23 years old....GOSH! and *gasp*sadly has chosen PINK colour to be his background...he is on disturbed man!!

So there I was at 2 pm promptly waiting for the bus to go down to KL but the bus I took decided to take a detour to KL Central which I was actually hoping on a stop at the Tun Sambathan monorail. But it was ok...whichever way gets me to the KL Monorail. Anyway, I did a pit stop at IOI mall in Puchong to look at gifts for my him as his birthday was up soon...and trust me he is really using up those birthday wishes fast. So anyway....I got him a book...wishing so hard that he would like it because I did not know his taste in book.

I reached Bukit Bintang at 4 pm....yes the bus ride down to KL takes about 1 hour and a half...SADDENING rite? But it is a very very very good reason to give time to thinking and evaluating life and the story you are weaving! As I was sitting the monorail to Jalan Imbi, I gladly parked my ass down on a seat...which lasted only 5 seconds as at the next stop... a family with little kids came in and I offered it to them. Now, it is at this kind of times that you remember all those oppurtunities for you to offer your seat to the old lady in the bus and the pregnant woman in the LRT which SOMETIMES we did not offer and which we SOMETIMES did....what touched me most and inspired me to continue to do so even when most of the Malaysian shamelessly did not do.....was when there was an old blind lady waiting at the KL monorail at the Hang Tuah stop...while all the others boarding ignored her while he looked lost around...the monorail attendant came out from his station and walked towards the lady and asked her if she wanted to go on...which she refused....BUT BESIDES THE POINT....he helped her while everyone else who was convinient enough waiting for the monorail couldnt...

I give a SALUTE to Malaysia's government enployees which I sometimes insult softly when they are slow in doing stuff.....which most have to admit sometimes there are the lazy ones !!!

As I was waiting for Bryan to arrive...which he arrived 1 1/2 hours later (and that is another story you have to ask him)...I took that chance to go check out a reader's heaven...BORDERS...wonderful place in Time Square...I was looking through the travel books and I learnt 3 things that day...

1. All the good travel books are written by NON-Malaysians who so happen to be mostly foreigners esp. British...and so I observed la

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2. Malaysia has so many beautiful places despite how NOT patriotic I am...my first goal...Penang(photo above one of Penang's Beaches...how can you resist not going right?) with its Snake Temples, Gurney Drive, Batu Ferringhi, Botanical Gardens etc. etc.
I need to really travel the whole of Malaysia this year and experience for myself the wonders of what the foreigners say it is

3. China is a beautiful place with lots of wonderful history and know what...Mao Ze Dong was a libarian before he took on his important role in revolutionizing communism in China...
and Shanghai was a place influenced by Western Culture and grew because of it....interesting!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mao Ze Dong at his prime


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Can't believe he was such a handsome hunk when he was younger!! Mao Ze Dong we are talking bout here.....WOW!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, living in Shanghai (or anywhere outside Malaysia) you come to realise how little you do for your own country. I've only been in Shanghai 2 months and already I've written a few articles promoting the Shanghai scene. It definitely has to do with being an outsider and having a different perspective. Thats why the guide books are always written by foreigners...hehe

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Orion said...

funnily...i am so engrossed in the beauty of our country...i love everything bout it. I ended up not going to Penang cuz i decided to see my po po in Melacca while doing a tour of the place. Amazing area...hope could bring u one day but.............

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home