Monday, March 02, 2009

When is the age?

When was it the proper age to settle down?

My grandma's time would most probably be that...by my age I would be married to a nice Chinese man loaded up with 4-10 kids.

My mom's time...more liberal.....careers came first....so by my age I would be still single or just married. Tho I must say, being single at her time at my age would be horrendous...all the "lou ku poh" (read: old maid) sneers would really wreck my nerves.

Now, this time and age...as extreme as everything is...so is the settling age. Young lovers marrying at age 18 to busy,i-have-no-time-for-such-things women losing their virginity at 40 to their first loves. Regardless of which way it goes, no one cares which age you get married...or if you ever do....except the oldies from you previous generation. The mom who is worried you would get old alone. The dad who thinks you need someone to protect you. Or the grandma who thinks you are ferrocious for dragging in a different man each family dinner party. But all this nagging so far has not dampened the free spirit of choice.

Me? Watching one wedding in progress scares the living begivies out of me. All the hassle just to tie the knot? Way over my league. Tho I would say it would be a fun career move as a wedding planner but the prospects of it too hard to comprehend.

However, at the end, we will never know til we arrive there...right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home