Monday, October 20, 2008

Forced silence....

Some people say that the worst thing is to have nothing to say. I believe that the worst thing is to have something to say but not be able to say it...because nobody is listening.

Not having anything to say is just a blank mind, an empty canvas...just ready for learning, seeing and absorbing anything new and exciting. But to have your thoughts and ideas trapped behind a locked door seems to be the ultimate torture.

I remembered in undergrad in Lim Kok Wing, I used to complain bout having lazy group mates or receiving last minute work. One semester I was so confident I decided...hey...let's not stick to the group I am so happily contented with...let's shake the earth and mix about. Nothing good came out of that but learning the ability to maintain your dignity and that I love & miss my group members that listened to my opinions, openly debate it without discriminating and always thinking you are equal to them. They are the gems I found in uni that brought about the spark and confidence I have today.

Thank you...Ari, Ji-Ann, Evangeline, Asiyath, Annabell-o, Vanessa 1 & Vanessa 2! I miss your inspirational minds....

Now, I feel its a bit hard. One, it is because I feel a bit shy about voicing my opinion as I had not studied overseas long and might not be as knowledgeable as them. Two, its hard when others seem more aggressive and sometimes pushy...as I, being a proud Asian, tend to be more collective I guess. I think we call that....introvert? Did I get that right?

I miss those days where people would actually pause to hear what your opinions....
I miss debating on level ground...where no one has better/ultimate knowledge....

So, let's be open minds. Did they not say that it is always better to listen than speak all the time....which is why we have two ears and only one mouth?

Listen....for I am too here waiting to listen to what you have to say......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home