Friday, September 26, 2008

Home sick!


Being with family..especially my po po who has Alzheimer's & might not remember me now*SOB*

Yummy...nasi lemak....only in Malaysia I found the right spice-sweetness ratio in the sambal...!!!!

Having yummy dinners in open air restaurants and it won't cost a bomb!

The longer you are away from home they more you go crazily insane missing it. You crave for the food, the weather (ok maybe that one not) but you start wishing for the company of the people you in the first place was trying to run from. Ok...that was an over-exaggeration.

But I must say....2 years away from Malaysia has made me crave for everything Malaysian...from the men, to the food...to the shopping experiences. Ask my darling...he has heard the countless sighs for dim sum, curry mee, satay, mee soup with taugeh,preserved papaya slices with ham moi...then endures my doubt on having a white man hanging off my arm instead of a full blood Asian...all the way to me complaining bout why Aussie shopping malls only have one level....hence the debate on the waste of space.

However, most of all I miss my family and friends. As I watch Annabel pack and leave, I realise that one piece of home has left with her. The countless times speaking in '"la's" and "ma's" and actually speaking my cantonese once in a while. I do miss her...and I miss having Vini more available to meet. As loneliness sets in, I realise I am lonely....akakaka. That besides my friends at uni and church, my one going out companion is my darling....oh and another girl but she is working too. Gosh what does work and getting married do to your social life. I think the thing most I miss bout them...is the connection. Having a friend who understands what you are saying without having to explain it with more than 3-5 words...that is what I fail to find in the many people I know here.

I think bout my buddies back home who miss me as much as I miss them, the many calls I make home to mom, dad, bro & sis just to feel that connection. I do know one thing...I have been blessed with a tremendous amount of friends that love me, care for me and try their best to understand me even tho I speak in Greek. But distance and time seem to be our constrain....I wish to see them soon...I wish to hug my friends like I used to before our night long mamak sessions or sit on the couch slacking off watching Korean dramas.....

I miss you guys........and the internet...though miraculous is still not the same....

But, I will visit.....k.........don't worry!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home