Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dental work..

I am embarrassed to say this but I got really bad teeth. 2 really bad fixtures needed and loads of drilling then fixing then filling. I am even more embarrassed that the dentist was my boyfriend's mother's boss.

But she was the best dentist I have experienced. She was gentle and she was actually upset when the anesthetic did not work on me and I was clenching my arm in pain throughout the whole procedure.

Sadly to say, her one and a half hours of work was only to fix one cavity. I have to return next Mon for another hour of suffering. Currently, I cannot open my mouth wider than a small gap and I can only eat on the left side. However, even though the anesthetic did not offer much consolation during the whole procedure it did help with the pain after.

Last night, I was able to eat lamb chops. Today, without them, I barely can stuff in a soft baked potato slice. I guess we take certain things in life for granted. Like the fact that despite saying how much you hate being drugged up, Nurofen is a live saver at times of distraught. I woke up in the middle of the night moaning and crying from the pain of the whole procedure as it all caught up with me....finally..

So people...learn from me....make sure you see a dentist every 6 months. Do not procrastinate like I did...as now I have to suffer badly....for life possibly as I look forward to root canal treatment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home