Sunday, January 13, 2008

You complete me...

The only one reason that made the Jerry Maguire (1996) movie such a hit was their out of this world phrases.

Like one of them would be, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" which I felt was really not my thing. And me, like other girls, would gush about two sentences that was entered into their dreams. "You complete me" and "You had me at hello". Now, as we little kiddies sit watching the movie...sniffing at the romantic scene, I know the exact same thing is happening in each and every girl watching this; that they would want to be able to hear those words uttered to them and for them.

Then, the ex-'never been'-FTV student in me started thinking back to the very first love stories told in a form of fairy tales. Each one depicting a romance that makes our love relationships pale in comparison. No man would ride a thousand miles on a horse just to kiss a sleeping woman...or climb up a tower using her hair (which I must say I assume has not been washed) to save a damsel in distress. However, with my bias towards my gender, I have seen many women who endured life as Beauty and the Beast. Horrible men who misuse women's sacrificial love for their own benefit.

But not all guys are like that. Sometimes the table turn and you find a man in the same situation as poor little Bell. Or sometimes, the fairy tale does end well with the Beast turning back into a charming prince and Bell is able to live happily ever after.

Don't you think that these stupid fairy tales and love movies make it harder for pure simple love relationships to exist? Girls start to expect more flowers, more chivalry , more mushy words and guys start to crave for sexy girls in high heels and slutty underwear & also sex on the first date Haahahahah.

Even so, tho this conspiracy must end, I do say tonight I will dream of my Mr. Prince Charming who gently massages my aching shoulder for I woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning, and also greet my sore feet with a warm towel & lovely hands to soothe the pain. And when all is better, kiss me tenderly til I am contented & warm with love. As my eyes close into slumber sleep....I think I heard this faceless perfect man whisper in my ears; "You complete me...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home