Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Education stooping to its lowest?

I know many of you out there are business people but I curse those who turn education into one of their revenues. Many people such as high school teachers and principals are the main standing examples of how education is furthur above the figures of profit or the luxury in high incomes just to see that smile on you face...grasping new knowledge in your sponge brain.

I was chatting with a friend of mine who works in the university I go to. I was appalled by his nonchalant behaviour of trying to convince me of that the university's idiotic attempt of revenue with the gym. I know he has a good heart and I understand the profit one can get from a gym which apparent goes up to RM 1.8 billion per year from my university. Now, he tried pushing me with this figures. BUT it angered me more of how education has now become a place for people like Mr. Lim Kok Wing to earn money and not care for the welfare of the students.

My father is an educationist. And I used to hate being so patriotic towards this world of education. But people like Mr. Lim puts the shame many noble man like my father put into making knowledge a thing of importance and not making profit. Yes...I believe that one should earn but do not my university get enough of it from its reknown overly high end fees. And resource fees that fly up to RM1000 per year yet they are forcing their students who are dependant on their parents' money to flaunt in on required Rm240 just so that the gym stands there. Tell me...why could they not just let it stand there with the money already invested in? Dear God...even the library is not equipped enough to have a copy of the '7 Habits of Highly Effective People'.

Im am so depressed to know that education is now not at its ideal as it has been many years ago. The government under Dr. M has tried hard...pushing for the best of education where many other educationist like my dad suffer lots of emotional and physical turmoil for the best of theirs students. He put sweat and blood into what he believes in and many other educationist I met put the students above figures and profits and some even their brand new BMW. My dad would be there to answer the anxious calls of a worried parent. Would Mr. Lim do that? NO...that is for sure. A real educationist would be there to answer all the angry questions of a failed student...I know Mr. Lim wont. He wont even listen to the problems the university face that troubles so many students a day. Please if you feel saddened by the change in this one thing left ideal in this world...spread the world round!! Give me your thoughts...thank you! Please tell me I am not alone in this........ for me personally I am already close to tears!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home