Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Growing up...

As I sat across the table, staring into the once familiar faces of my best friends, I sigh in amazement at how many years has flow by us. I thank God for the allowing these friendships to endure the wear and tear of teenage-hood into adulthood.

In a once familiar mamak store, I tell of my new friends found in Perth. Tell of my escapades working and supporting myself while she indulges me with updates of her committed relationship and the challenges she faces. My mind reels back to 8 years ago when all we would gush about is that cute 16 year old boy who said hi to me in church. Things sure have changed dramatically.

The next day, amidst devouring a yummy plate of cheesy crab tapas, my other friend and I discuss her wedding plans. Secretly, my heart yearns for the loving relationship this couple has had for the past 2 1/2 years and more to come. I wish them the joy and happiness of their future life together as husband and wife. I am excited to be a witness to their wondrous occasion especially since I was there the first day they met, there the first time they kissed, there as they announced their engagement to the world and so I am looking forward to be there as they start their new journey together.

At 23 years old this year, I am feeling the desperate cry for stability. However, it seems my life is calling me towards a different path. With my new adopted zen-like attitude, I am glad to be embracing all these new challenges and going with the flow towards great adventures ahead. As another 1.5 years of stressful supporting myself dilemmas and torturous masters studies will pursue, I am sure there is much to learn and much to gain from this experience.

While a friend teases me of my reaction towards an orgy for Valentine's Day, I realise somewhere deep down inside....I am ready to try something new. That I am no longer too afraid to embrace what is unknown....to be brave enough to continue walking on despite uncertainty and being alone. So, is this the part that shows we have grown up? Or are we just subconsciously evolving and aging?

*Hmmmm* I might be...up for that orgy after all...!?!?!? Hahahahahhaaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home