Friday, October 19, 2007

Instinct?

Girl talk. She was sitting in front of me amidst pizza, chips and juice. A Korean love story plays in the background. I tell her of my life. She tells me of hers. I tell her bout my skin condition. She understands...she has sensitive skin too. She vaguely knows what's going on in my head.

That is what I assumed. Boy..was I wrong! She looked me in the eye, staring straight to the core of my emotion.

She gently asks, "Are you sad that its not terminal?"

I was shocked at her question. My hand swings up to slap her overly beautiful face for such an insult. But I stop mid air. I knew what she was asking was what I really felt. Despite her blurness, she knew me well. Only after meeting her 3 months ago, but she knew me....inside out.

I sigh, and answer; "Yes. Just a little...maybe." I was hesitant in answering so honestly. I was afraid I would scare her away. She nodded and silently went back to picking the onions out of the pizza.

I realize that day...that...I am not that great after all....I am a SCREWED-UP PERSON. I am Meredith Grey/Christina Yang of Grey's Anatomy....Lorelai Gilmore of Gilmore Girls....Lois Griffin from Family Guy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home