Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Vanished...

I fell off the face of the earth. I got engulfed by a load of work related earth quakes. But now I am back...because it is 4:09 am...my stomach is grumbling and all I can think about is how to foster good relationships with other staff.

What happens to the brain after you turn 24? They should have warned me of this...BEWARE OF REACHING AGE 24: MIGHT CAUSE BRAIN DEAD-NESS & KILL JOY ATTITUDES. Wonder when was the last time I had fun.....I can't remember.

To celebrate my birthday, domesticated me decided it would be fun to go to Ikea....and educate my Ikea-virgin husband. Very wrong move! First thing he said when we walked into the showroom....followed from a long silence of wow was...."Dad can make this!" (WHAT??? Shake head in disbelief). Don't get me wrong...this is not a case of how talented my future father-in-law is. It is how insanely easy he thinks this is. F.I.L is a fire fighter and ranger for the local shire...he barely has time to fix up the backyard for his darling wife....why would he have the time to make his son & wife..A BED?

As we reach the end to pay for our many purchases for a non-existent house...he says the ultimate Ikea shopaholic phrase, " When we do get our own house, you bet-cha we gonna spend fortunes here". I almost wet myself in public from shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home