Monday, September 03, 2007

APPRECIATE...

APPRECIATE...all the good things you have. Especially you not self funded students out there. I used to be funded by my parents but now I am self sponsored. I feel proud saying this yet at times it is the worst of the worst.

It is days when I haven't slept from assignments and haven't ate as well from personal problems...and yet you still have to wake up at 4.30 am to work and do double shifts working all the way to 18 hours a day just to make ends meet and put some bread on my table. Everything becomes so precious and luxuries are deeply appreciated. It is days like this when despite the swollen eyes you still got to continue keeping them open...you can't say let me sleep another 5 minutes...you still gotta continue smiling at the horrid customers...no complains bout the good customers. It is on days when your feet are swollen that you are limping every time you move a step...that you continue standing another 8 hours just for the money...that you continue putting the next foot in front of another despite the tears in your already sore eyes. You stomachache is the last time that should be in your mind...your food poisoning or diarrhea has to come last...you pray hard you are well during the shift. Tell me the days when you were able to call in sick to work....cuz you know you got it covered. I don't....not in the next 2 years anyway...

So please God...pray that I am well....and God I pray you grant me the strength to go on with this till the end...Let your grace be upon me. And seriously, everyone out there who has it good...remember to pray and thank God and your family for the wonderful blessings they gave. And those of you who do understand what I am going through...don't forget to thank God for providing as He has...and that we have survived so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home