Thursday, April 26, 2007

I love food. YES I DO!

And with my weight like this now, it’s so difficult to have to eat less and not have meat for half of the week. What frustrated me most is that extremely thin housemate of mine...who is by the way underweight, counting her calories in this winter time where one gets hungry a lot and not eating any meat while making sure she doesn’t gain weight. So ironic and yet so frustrating. And the worst thing, she believes that a person only needs 4 hours of sleep and has even resorted to “anti-dose” pills to ensure that she stays awake and thin.

Coming from someone who enjoys the luxury of food, I believe when you have the capacity to enjoy it…do so with all your heart as long as you are healthy, NOT anorexic. I mean of course in moderation la. Don’t torture yourself and your body unnecessarily.

Well so here I am complaining. There has been much talk about my messenger nick stating that “it’s depressing when you’re in people’s country!” which in a way is not that depressing just stressful when trying to penetrate their system to be one of them. Yes, as most of you already know, I am dreaming of an Australian PR (permanent residency) yet it is very difficult considering I took on a course that any Tom, Dick and Harry could do…also know as a non-skilled and non-professional job.

But I do enjoy the challenge. And I am happy enjoying the country and people I have met.

Like that day I went to King’s park with my cell group members for a picnic. I never thought eating in the dark was fun. But seeing the moon rise….fantastic! Watching the reflection of the moon on the river? Breathless. The picture does not capture it as it is. So, just try to imagine k.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home