Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Books......oh my lovely books!

When Carrie Bradshaw from the Sex & the City movie qouted in bed about the wonderous smell of library books, I almost gagged and thought what a pretentious line. Don't get me wrong...I love Sex & the City.....the endless episodes I drag my hubby-to-be through is enough to immasculate him. Just that, if you really smelt the library books, they were musty, stinky and sometimes like it sat in a pile of urine for a while and allowed to dry and put back on the shelf.

But everytime I had a bad day at work, the one place that cheers me up without having to fork out millions for a spider soft shell crab maki sushi was the library. I would come out of the library carting a load of books tall enough to block my view. But I am always happy....or happier than when I walked in.

Working life is getting really tough on me. Be it my first full time job, I am finding the stress a bit hard to handle. AND hey...with a wedding on the way...who can blame me right? WRONG! Those are all excuses. So I decided, an extra day in Brisbane to relax and do whatever I want....plus I am digging into wedding funds to do it. So there! If you see a small centrepiece or a lack of chairs...it is because I needed to keep my sanity....

If miracles won't happen...I will make them happen!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home